Meningococcal meningitis is a rare but potentially devastating bacterial infection. The disease can kill in a matter of hours or cause severe long-term sequelae with devastating effects on the individuals and their families.
At Sanofi Pasteur, we believe in a world where no one suffers or dies from vaccine preventable diseases and that everyone should have access to the broadest protection. Building on 40 years of science-led research in meningococcal infection, we are developing new vaccines to further expand protection of individuals, from infant to older adults, worldwide.
- Meningitis Research Foundation. What are meningitis and septicaemia. Accessed March 2019.
- Martinón-Torres, F. Deciphering the Burden of Meningococcal Disease: Conventional and Under-recognized Elements. Journal of Adolescent Health 59. Volume 59, Issue 1, March 2016. Pages 12-20.
- Ref CDC. Meningococcal disease – Diagnosis, Treatment, and Complications. Accessed rel="noopener noreferrer" March 2019.
- ECDC. Meningococcal disease: Recommended vaccinations. Accessed February 2019.
- Australian Department for Health. National Immunisation Program schedule. Accessed March 2019.
- Arora, S. National Immunization Schedule India: A Review. Research & Reviews: A Journal of Immunology. Volume 7, Issue 3, 2017.
- Zheng, Y., et al. The landscape of vaccines in China: history, classification, supply, and price. BMC Infectious Diseases. Volume 18, Issue 1, 2018. Page 507. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6172750/
- Unicef. Meningococcal Vaccines & Market Supply Update. 2015. Page 6.
- CDC. Meningococcal disease – Signs and Symptoms. Accessed March 2019. https://www.cdc.gov/meningococcal/about/symptoms.html